Tuesday, February 27, 2007

First Day of Work

I am done with my training and worked on the floor by myself on Sunday. I have my own cubicle. I have my own space to make homey.What a long day. The system crashed on and off on my shift, so we had to write reservations by hand. Nice way to start my first day! LOL Got through it. It is easier actually doing it than being in training. Marcus is doing well. He hasn't gained weight, almost 19 lbs. still, but he is getting taller, he is 2'5" now. He is in 12 month clothes now. He is 7 months now. Can't believe it! Time goes by so fast! We went out to Sho-gun on Friday. It was so nice to go out to dinner while gma watched him. Not much going on besides working now. I get my first full paycheck on friday. I already have some overtime on it due to a staff meeting. It is nice to be able to catch up on the bills! Trying to keep up on the chores. Between our schedules, there isn't much time except on days off. I am getting used to having Sherry watch Marcus, but I really miss being with him like I was before working. Need to get envelopes to get pics out to you all. I will try soon.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh the joys of hand written reservations! I know what you mean. I'm working for Marriott now in reservations and I hate it when the system goes down. It's great that you have your own cubical. I didn't have my own until I promoted to On the Job Trainer. When I was just on regular World Wide reservations desk we had to just sit where ever there was a space open.

I'm glad you are liking your job.

Norm and Nancy said...

"Fish-lips" is the CUTEST! What a little sweetheart. We can't wait to see you all again this summer.

love,
Grandpa Norm and Granny Nancy